BiH Project Coordinator
BiH Project Coordinator
Internews, an international nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC and Arcata, CA, works to ensure access to trusted, quality information that empowers people to have a voice in their future and to live healthy, secure, and rewarding lives. Internews has worked with citizens and local media in more than 100 countries. Together with local partners such as universities and other non-profit organizations, Internews has supported the development of thousands of media outlets worldwide, including radio and television stations, newspapers, mobile news networks, and online news sites.
The USAID-funded Balkans Media Assistance Program (BMAP) is a regional media support project in the Balkans focused on strengthening the competitiveness, sustainability, and cooperation of the independent media sector in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia. BMAP will aim to make media more competitive in the local and regional marketplaces and strengthen the sustainability of the independent media sector across the region, particularly in the digital space.
The BiH Project Coordinator will manage and coordinate all project events, including capacity-building trainings and industry training opportunities. S/he will develop TORs and coordinate the work of business and content related consultants hired by the project. S/he will also work with the Editor to promote the project’s online resource platform among Key Partners and media across the region as well as to identify and develop BiH-specific content for the platform. This position is part time (75% time).
• Provide programmatic, administrative, and logistical support to the BMAP Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party/Regional Media Advisor for all project sponsored trainings, conferences, and events. Potential duties may include liaising with event invitees, speakers, trainers and participants; venue selection and reservation; ordering catering; and other responsibilities.
• Coordinate travel logistics and arrangements, assist with visa applications, and arrange accommodations for project trainers and consultants in conjunction with the Country Coordinators in the other project countries.
• In conjunction with the Deputy Chief of Party/Regional Media Advisor and Internews HQ (when necessary), assist in compiling all necessary hiring documents for project consultants in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and provide support to organize and coordinate their activities.
• Provide support as necessary when hiring project consultants and commissioning services from vendors and contractors.
• Work creatively with the project web platform editor and key partner media outlets to identify and develop BiH-specific material for the platform. Duties may include research on local trends, correspondence with interested partners, writing material, etc.
• Contribute content to regular donor reports and develop project communications materials as necessary
• Promote project-related opportunities among potential and current beneficiaries and stakeholders through various channels, including social media.
Other duties as assigned.
Kontakt i prijava: Internews
Rok za prijavu:
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Friday, December 1, 2017
Bosnia and Herzegovina
• Bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent standard of education.
• Fluency in at least one local Balkan language required; fluency or proficiency in at least two local Balkan languages strongly preferred. English language fluency also strongly preferred.
• 3-5 years programmatic and administrative experience, preferably working on USAID-funded projects.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and common online and social media platforms,
• Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible.
• Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.