Regional BIRN Hub, based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, is seeking a reporter from Croatia for its online publication, Balkan Insight (www.balkaninsight.com). The selected candidate will be engaged for a probation period of three months.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Writing daily news stories, analysis, interviews and features on main events in the country, be it politics, economy, environment, culture, lifestyle, etc.
- Developing new ideas and topics for the Balkan Insight.
- Maintaining appropriate contacts with government offices and officials of various local and international organisations, necessary to ensure correct execution of the above duties.
- Contributing to regional thematic stories
Please submit a detailed CV, three of your best stories and a cover letter with three references, responding to the points raised in the job specifications by 15th of March 2018 to our regional operations unit, at email@example.com. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selected candidate should start work as soon as possible.
Balkan Insight is published by the Sarajevo-based regional hub of the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN). Balkan Insight is a network of correspondents based in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Romania and Serbia.
BalkanInsight.com, one of 15 sites in different languages that BIRN runs, is read in more than 200 countries worldwide.
BIRN Hub is a nongovernmental organisation, a part of the Regional BIRN Network, working on in the field of media development. More information at www.birn.eu.com.
BIRN encourages applicants of both genders, and offers an equal chance to all interested persons, without any prejudice based on any grounds.
- Interested candidates need to be dynamic, open, hard-working and committed, and possess the following characteristics:
- At least four (4) years of experience as news or TV/radio reporters
- Excellent command of the English language (writing, reading, understanding and speaking)
- Familiarity with online reporting, interest in web journalism and knowledge of promotion methods via social networks
- Excellent computer skills
- Preferable advanced user of content management system, being responsible for uploading and illustrating own and other stories.