Aviation News Journalist
Aviation News Journalist
The responsibilities of the Aviation News Journalist include reading through multiple news sources and regulatory documents from around the world on a daily basis. You will be responsible for extracting the most relevant information you think would be suited and relevant to write articles about the airline industry in English for an English-speaking business audience.
Aside from a disciplined, analytically-oriented mindset, you must also be able to work within established guidelines, within set timeframes, and under a supervising editor. The job itself requires a strong outgoing, inquiring personality with an ability to integrate into a tight-knit team. At the same time, it also requires a person capable of working independently and flexibly depending on workloads, which vary from day to day.
A strong sense of global geo-political events is a must as is an ability to understand and interpret them. Ideally, given the nature of our work, a passion for aviation is also a strong plus. The ideal candidate will have a degree in journalism and will have at least five years of experience as well as several verifiable pieces, in English, for reference. The position does not require any business travel although you may be called upon, from time to time, to conduct interviews with industry personnel.
- Independently research and review aviation-related articles which may or may not be in English;
- Do additional research to corroborate/clarify reports;
- Extract from said articles, information relevant to the ch-aviation market context;
- Create unique English articles featuring said extracts as well as other information you deem useful to the piece;
- Contact executives at airlines and aircraft operators via e-mail or phone to verify facts and/or quotes;
- Work to set deadlines;
- Work with a supervising editor to ensure set standards and quality are maintained.
Kontakt i prijava: MojPosao
Rok za prijavu:
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- A mother-tongue standard of English language (equivalent to C2), both oral and written;
- Ability to properly structure an English news article using Reuters news agency type guidelines;
- Verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, critical thinking;
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with an editor, problem solve, self-organize, manage own work schedule and time, meeting deadlines;
- Ability to analyze, develop and write your own articles;
- Ability to keep data and information confidential;
- Strong general computer skills as well as Google search skills;
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook).
- Previous (airline industry) news experience;
- Previous experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-national environment;
- Language skills in Russian, Arabic, Farsi, Japanese, Mandarin or Cantonese and experience with language translation tools or knowledge/experience in the airline industry a big plus;
- Ability to write simple Boolean search queries.
- The candidate is either a Croatian national, currently has a residency/work permit for Croatia or is a citizen of a European Union country, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland. No relocation support is offered;
- At least five years of English journalism experience with at least three verifiable articles for reference;
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with a demanding editor.